With the suspension of Premier League football continuing until June 17 amid the coronavirus pandemic, it will still be another three weeks before Everton are back in action.
For every weekend since April that the suspension has been in place, we’ve been doing a quiz on each Everton season, going back one year at a time.
This week, it’s the 2011-12 campaign, the penultimate season of David Moyes’ 11-year tenure at Goodison Park before leaving for Manchester United.
So whether it’s to cure the self-isolation boredom and blues, or just to test your knowledge about how much you remember from 2011-12, here’s 15 questions to sink your teeth into:
(Correct answers found at bottom of page, so make sure to keep a note of all of your answers before then)
- Which of the following did Everton not sell on transfer deadline day of the summer of 2011?
A. Jermaine Beckford
B. Mikel Arteta
C. James Vaughan
2. How many permanent signings did Everton make during the 2011 summer transfer window?
3. Everton’s opening-weekend fixture was postponed due to the London riots. Who were they supposed to be playing?
4. Before playing which team did David Moyes compare to going into a gunfight with a knife?
B. Manchester United
5. Who was controversially sent off for Everton in the 2-0 home defeat to Liverpool in October 2011?
A. Tim Cahill
B. Tim Howard
C. Tony Hibbert
D. Jack Rodwell
6. What was the score as second-half injury-time began in Everton’s 3-1 win at Fulham in October 2011?
B. 1-0 to Fulham
C. 1-0 to Everton
7. Tim Howard scored for Everton in January 2012 in a 2-1 home defeat to which team?
D. West Brom
8. What caused a minor delay in Everton’s 1-0 home win over Manchester City in January 2012?
B. Operation Goodison Exercise
C. A cat on the pitch
D. A fan handcuffed to a goalpost
9. Striker Nikica Jelavic was unveiled to Evertonians at half-time in that win over City. How much did he cost Everton from Rangers?
A. £3.5 million
B. £5.5 million
C. £8 million
D. £10 million
10. How many away games did Everton play en route to the 2012 FA Cup semi-finals?
11. Whose weak backpass played Liverpool’s Luis Suarez in to equalise in the Reds’ 2-1 semi win over Everton?
A. Sylvain Distin
B. Seamus Coleman
C. Leighton Baines
D. John Heitinga
12. Who scored the eighth and final goal in Everton’s 4-4 draw at Manchester United in April 2012?
A. Nikica Jelavic
B. Wayne Rooney
C. Steven Pienaar
D. Danny Welbeck
13. Who scored his final goal for Everton in a 4-0 home win over Fulham in April 2012?
A. Denis Stracqualursi
B. Royston Drenthe
C. Jack Rodwell
D. Tim Cahill
14. How many league games unbeaten did Everton end the 2011-12 season?
15. How many goals did Jelavic net in his 16 appearances for Everton in 2011-12?
- C (Vaughan)
- A (0)
- D (Tottenham)
- A (Man City)
- D (Rodwell)
- D (1-1)
- B (Bolton)
- D (A fan handcuffed to a goalpost)
- B (£5.5 million)
- B (1)
- A (Distin)
- C (Pienaar)
- D (Cahill)
- C (9 games)
- C (11)
How did you score? Comment below to let us know...