For every weekend that this suspension lasts, we’re doing a quiz on each Everton season, going back one year at a time, starting with the current, incomplete campaign.
So whether it’s to cure the self-isolation boredom and blues, or just to test your knowledge about you much remember about Everton’s 2019-20 season so far, here’s 15 questions to sink your teeth into:
(Correct answers found at bottom of page, so make sure to keep a note of all of your answers before then)
- How many goals did Everton score in their seven pre-season games?
2. Which unusual position did Kevin Mirallas play for Everton during pre-season?
B. Central defence
D. Central midfield
3. How many minutes has Jean-Philippe Gbamin played for Everton since his £25 million move from Mainz in July?
4. After leaving Arsenal for Everton in August, against who did Alex Iwobi score his first and only league goal for Everton so far?
D. West Ham
5. Who was sent off for Everton in their 1-0 defeat at Burnley on October 5?
A. Fabian Delph
B. Morgan Schneiderlin
C. Michael Keane
D. Seamus Coleman
6. Marco Silva lost his job as Everton manager after 60 games in charge of the club. What was his final win percentage?
7. What position did Silva leave Everton in when he was sacked on December 5?
8. What reason did Duncan Ferguson give for substituting off Moise Kean in December’s draw at Manchester United just 19 minutes after bringing him on?
B. To kill time
C. Poor performance
D. Wanted an extra defender on to see out the draw
9. How long was the contract Carlo Ancelotti signed when he became Everton manager on December 21?
A. Two-and-a-half years
B. Three-and-a-half years
C. Four-and-a-half years
D. Five-and-a-half years
10. How many points did Carlo Ancelotti take from his first eight league games as Everton manager?
11. It took eight games after Silva’s departure for an Everton player other than Richarlison or Dominic Calvert-Lewin to score a league goal for the club. Who was he?
A. Moise Kean
B. Tom Davies
C. Yerry Mina
D. Theo Walcott
12. Everton’s 3-2 win over Watford in February was their first league victory having come from behind since when?
A. December 2017
B. April 2018
C. October 2018
D. February 2019
13. After suffering a fractured dislocation to his right ankle in November, who did André Gomes make his first appearance back from injury against?
C. Manchester United
14. “The expectation I have with him, he was able to realise. He’s doing well and I have no complaints with him.” Which player was Ancelotti talking about in February here?
B. Dominic Calvert-Lewin
C. Theo Walcott
D. Gylfi Sigurðsson
15. How many players have made their Everton first team debuts this season?
- A (3 goals)
- C (Right-back)
- B (135 minutes)
- A (Wolves)
- D (Seamus Coleman)
- C (40%)
- D (18th)
- B (To kill time)
- C (Four-and-a-half years)
- B (17)
- A (Moise Kean)
- A (December 2017)
- B (Arsenal)
- D (Gylfi Sigurðsson)
- B (6 players - Delph, Gordon, Gbamin, Sidibé, Iwobi, Kean)
How did you score? Comment below to let us know...