Your daily dose of Everton news and rumours
Still no signing for the Blues, but then will today be the day?
There were some rumours that Bernard was at Finch Farm for his medical yesterday, but that was only from Italian media, so we’ll wait to have local confirmation today.
- Compared to some of the other free agent transfers the Blues have had over the years, Bernard’s pedigree is outstanding. [Liverpool Echo]
- Meanwhile, Yerry Mina trained away from the Barcelona first team, much like Kevin Mirallas and Asley Williams before they left the club. [Sport]
- It appears Everton are tired of this Mina rollercoaster and have started working other channels too, with Kurt Zouma now. [RBM]
As we prepare for the season ahead, Royal Blue Mersey are happy to welcome two new writers Pete and Matthew to the crew - check out their debut efforts here.
- The Blues had a terrible preseason by all measures, but could that be a good thing? [RBM]
- There’s no room for sentimentality in the new Everton, and it starts this Saturday. [RBM]
In other miscellaneous news -
- Everton has long been known as the People’s Club, and it’s because of things like this. [EFC]
- Arsenal’s majority shareholder Stan Kroenke has bought out Alisher Usmanov’s stake. [RBM]
- However, that doesn’t automatically mean he’s going all in at Everton. For now. [Mirror]
- New youth side goalie Joao Virginia was inspired by Tim Howard’s incredible performances in the 2014 World Cup. [EFC]
What To Watch
Most teams are winding down their preseasons with the Premier League starting this coming weekend and the majority of the European leagues the week after.
There’s more Champions League qualifiers today, with Celtic vs AEK Athens the pick of the three games.
The Women’s Under-20 World Cup is also going on - Brazil U20 vs England U20, Netherlands U20 vs Ghana U20, Korea DPR U20 vs Mexico U20, France U20 vs New Zealand U20