Your daily dose of Everton news and rumours
Everton Director of Football Marcel Brands spoke to a number of media outlets yesterday covering a number of different topics - here are the pick of them.
- Speaking to BBC Radio Merseyside, he expressed his overall satisfaction with how the transfer window went. [RBM]
- Brands was at Farhad Moshiri’s home when Yerry Mina scored for Colombia against England. [Liverpool Echo]
- Mina did not go missing on his way from Barcelona, and will join the Blues at Finch Farm today for his first training session. [RBM]
- He also added that Mina quite clearly chose to come to the Toffees over whatever situation is brewing at Manchester United. [RBM]
- Apparently the grapes are quite sour at Old Trafford and they’re complaining about agents’ fees. Oh the irony of it. [Daily Mail]
- Brands did acknowledge that the animosity between Watford FC and Everton forced his hand in Richarlison negotiations. [Guardian]
- The Dutchman greatly appreciated the support he has received from all quarters since he’s taken over at Everton. [EFC]
There was one other important piece of news for the Blues from yesterday as well.
- Nikola Vlasic had been linked with a loan spell away from Everton, and is headed to CSKA Moscow for the season. [RBM]
What To Watch
More Europa League qualifiers today, along with the last game of the first round of the League Cup as Sheffield Wednesday play Sunderland - the draw for the second round where Everton enter the competition happens just before kickoff.