Your daily dose of Everton news and rumours
- Everton are off to Algarve in Portugal for a couple of friendlies this weekend, against LOSC Lille on Saturday and then against FC Porto on Sunday. [EFC]
- It wasn’t much of a reveal after the away and third kits had already been leaked, but the Ladies side launched the very nice-looking away kit. [RBM]
- The photoshoot for the away kit looked like a lot of fun with prominent players from both the men’s and ladies’ sides represented.
Now to the fun (and not so fun) stuff and the main reason you are all here.. transfers.
- Well, Marcel Brands wants to trim the squad, and boy do we have some suggestions for him on where to start! [RBM]
- Apparently Marco Silva wants Oumar Niasse to stay at Everton, which is excellent news because his workrate is stellar. [Echo]
- Also, the manager has reiterated that Ademola Lookman is part of his plans as well. Whew. [Echo]
- The exits started early yesterday with Everton announcing that Shani Tarashaj was headed back to Switzerland after a failed stint at the Blues. [RBM]
- AS Roma are flush with cash from the Alisson sale and apparently they are in with a shout for Malcom as well. Uh oh. [RBM]
- Apparently Chelsea have Ruben Loftus-Cheek and Michy Batshuayi in the shop window? What’s that.. ‘buy one, loan one’.. hmmm. [RBM]
- Crystal Palace have slapped a hefty price tag on Wilfried Zaha, but a player plus £££ deal might be amenable. We have just the (familiar) man for them. [Mirror]
- The Lucas Digne chatter is still going on, with Barca’s most-awful midfielder Andre Gomes being mentioned too now. Ugh. [Mundo Deportivo]
And now we get into the section of the rumours that is most aptly captured by this little gif.
- RB Leipzig are simply not getting the message that Everton will not sell Ademola Lookman to them. [RBM]
- Newcastle are weighing up a loan bid for Nikola Vlasic, who has been pushed to the back at the Blues. [Express]
- Chelsea, having been beaten to Alisson, are considering a move for Jordan Pickford among others. Go pound sand! [Standard]
- Who else needs telling off? That’s it for now? Okay then.
What To Watch
Some respite on a flat Stage 13 for the cyclists after another thrilling day in the mountains with Geraint Thomas pulling off a stunning comeback win to hold on to the yellow jersey in the Tour de France.
The second round of the British Open tees off bright and early again at Carnoustie today, with Evertonian Tommy Fleetwood right in the middle of the pack after finishing 1 over par after the first round. He goes at 7:30am BST (2:30am EST). Click the link for the full list of tee times.
The Rugby World Cup Sevens kicks off today too in San Francisco at 4pm EST (9pm BST). Fiji have won winning five of the last seven Sevens Series tournaments and are the overwhelming favourites, but South Africa have finished runners-up in four consecutive series and actually come in as top seeds.