Your daily dose of Everton news and rumours
Everton bid farewell to Wayne Rooney yesterday, finally ending the speculation that started with the 2017-18 season drawing to a close.
- Official confirmation that Rooney will be joining D.C. United in the MLS. [RBM]
- Some thoughts on Rooney’s comeback and eventual departure - left too soon, returned too late. [RBM]
- Here is the full timeline of when his dissatisfaction started, including Marco Silva deeming him surplus to requirements, leading to his eventual exit. [RBM]
- No matter the circumstances, we’ll always remember Rooney fondly. [EFC]
Excited to be starting the next chapter of my career but just want to thank all the Everton fans for their amazing support last season. It meant a lot— Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney) June 28, 2018
- Idrissa Gueye and Senegal were unfortunate to become the first side eliminated on fair play points. [EFC]
- Jordan Pickford and England lost to Belgium, but stay in the tournament after qualifying for the Round of 16. [EFC]
We have a break from the World Cup for a single day before the knockout rounds start tomorrow.
The biggest transfer rumour of the day -
- Are Everton going to poach Celtic’s Kieran Tierney to replace Leighton Baines? [Mirror]
What To Watch
You can find a full TV schedule for the World Cup here, with direct links to legal streams (in Spanish) below.
Saturday, June 30, 2018
Sunday, July 1, 2018