Your daily dose of Everton news and rumours
It was another quiet day in the world of Everton as we still await the appointment of a manager, of course, that doesn’t mean the rumour mill stops turning.
- Will Marco Silva bring Peruvian winger Andre Carrillo with him to Everton? The Benfica player was on loan at Watford but saw his appearances drop away after the manager was sacked. [HITC]
- We had mentioned midfielder William Carvalho yesterday, and there is more chatter that he could be interested in turning down West Ham to come work with Silva again. [Sport Witness]
- This was mentioned yesterday too, but here’s why Ben Gibson would be an underwhelming pick-up for the Blues. [RBM]
There’s also talk of departures from Goodison Park as can be expected with the regime change.
- Apparently Steven Gerrard is looking to steal away an Everton midfielder for Rangers where he is the manager now (lol). It’s youngster Alex Denny, and Everton will not sell. There, saved you a click. [Echo]
In today’s episode of ‘Told You So’ we have a former Evertonian.
Ross Barkley is apparently frustrated by his lack of first team appearances at Chelsea.
Huh, didn’t quite see that coming.[Football FanCast]
Away from the transfer market, there was little other Everton-related news -
- The trio of Toffees in England’s U-21 team were held to a scoreless draw by Mexico in the Toulon Tournament. [Everton]
- The Blue Girls finished in 9th place in their first season back in the WSL1, and expect more from next season. [Everton]
- With the World Cup starting soon, here’s a piece ranking all the team jerseys. [Stars & Stripes]