Your daily dose of Everton news and rumours
The big footballing event this past weekend was the Champions League final, where Real Madrid made it three wins in a row after beating Blues’ Merseyside rivals Liverpool. The Reds’ goalkeeper Loris Karius was the main culprit though, with his two howlers proving the difference in the 3-1 scoreline for the Spaniards.
In a classy gesture, former Everton goalkeeper and club legend Neville Southall sent a message of support to his fellow goalie following his gaffes -
Feel sorry for Karius but it’s how you bounce back I have been there it’s a dark place to be I hope he comes through it— Neville Southall (@NevilleSouthall) May 26, 2018
Believe in yourself
I think even though it’s bad now you will be stronger because of it think about it today then put it away it’s done— Neville Southall (@NevilleSouthall) May 27, 2018
Focus on the future and being best you can be
Go and prove what a great goalkeeper you are
Back to matters Everton, and this week might be the week that the new manager gets appointed, with Marco Silva leading the race. The transfer window is officially open and though a number of names have been linked with moves in and out of the club, there have been no official transfers announced yet.
- The build-up to the World Cup has begun, find out which Everton players are in action where and when. [RBM]
- Kieran Dowell had two goals disallowed for offside, while Tom Davies and Jonjoe Kenny also featured as England U-21s won in the Toulon Tournament. [EFC]
- Davy Klaassen wants to stay with the Blues and fight for his spot in the squad. [EFC]
- Ademola Lookman could become the subject of a tug-of-war battle between Everton and RB Leipzig. [Echo]
- Seamus Coleman is fired up by the Republic of Ireland’s failure to qualify for the World Cup. [Mail]
- Meanwhile another defender Ashley Williams says he is frustrated by his lack of playing time this spring. [BBC]
- And yet another defender Ramiro Funes Mori is looking for a transfer to Mexico to play alongside his twin brother. [RBM]