Your daily dose of Everton news and rumours
- Blues all over were quite pleased with how well Andre Gomes kept the game ticking in the middle of the park, and manager Marco Silva believes there’s even more to come from the Portuguese midfielder. [EFC]
- Yesterday was a pretty momentous day in Everton history with it marking the one year anniversary since Ronald Koeman was sacked, thereby setting in motion some events that ended with Sam Allardyce taking over at Goodison Park. [RBM].
- It’s just about the same players on loan getting the job done every week, but is there a future for either Nikola Vlasic or Muhamed Besic at Everton? [RBM]
- Middlesbrough, where Besic is, and Leeds United are both being linked with loan moves for Kieran Dowell in January. [Hartlepool Mail]
- Gylfi Sigurdsson is coming close to an Icelandic goalscoring landmark, but can he beat Eidur Gudjohnsen this season? [Liverpool Echo]
- Everton’s Under-23s have been having themselves quite a season so far, and played a topsy-turvy 0-0 draw against Arsenal, who are second behind the young Blues on goal difference.
What To Watch
After we watched Juventus dismantle Everton’s next opponents Manchester United yesterday, there’s more Champions League action today, with a number of high profile Champions League clashes on the cards - PSV Eindhoven vs Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund vs Atletico Madrid, Barcelona vs Inter Milan, Paris St. Germain vs Napoli and Galatasaray vs Schalke.
There’s some Everton interest in the Championship too, with Ipswich Town away at Leeds United and Bolton Wanderers hosting Nottingham Forest.