After a far-too-long spell out of England’s first division, the Everton Ladies are back in WSL1 for the 2017-18 season! The club is in the midst of its preseason preparations, so now is the time to learn more and get excited about this new chapter for Everton Football Club.
Here’s five things to note with the start of the season just a few weeks away.
1. Everton Ladies Merseyside derby against Liverpool (their first match of the season) will be televised live by BT Sport! The first game of the WSL1 regular season will be shown on TV, BTSport.com and on the BT Sport app on September 22nd at 7:30 pm. Details on how fans in the United States and other countries can watch the game are forthcoming.
2. Everton Ladies play Arsenal Women for a pre-season game today on Deadline Day at 7:30 pm (2:30 pm ET). It should be an interesting fixture for Everton player Chloe Kelly, who is on loan from Arsenal Women for the season. Arsenal have many new signings that they may want to give playing time to, including Scottish international Lisa Evans and Dutch international Vivianne Miedema.
3. The Everton Ladies Continental Tyres Cup schedule is available:
October 12 - Doncaster Rovers Belles (WSL2)
November 2 - Birmingham City Ladies (WSL1)
November 5 - Manchester City Women (WSL1)
November 16 - Oxford United Women (WSL2)
4. Everton players Megan Finnigan, Chloe Kelly, and Mo Marley were a part of an England squad that finished fifth at the U-19 Euros, qualifying the young Lionesses for the 2018 U-20 Women’s World Cup in France.
5. Howard Kendall’s granddaughter, Holly, will play as the U-12 goalkeeper for Everton Ladies Academy this season.