Everton have completed the signing of playmaker Gylfi Sigurdsson, and the player will be wearing the #18 shirt for the Toffees.
He wore the #23 for his former club Swansea City and the #22 before that at Tottenham Hotspur. Sigurdsson wears the number 10 shirt while on international duty for Iceland.
The 18 shirt was recently vacated by Gareth Barry who left the club yesterday for West Bromwich Albion. Barry served the club with distinction for the last four years.
Other prominent players to have worn the number for the Blues are -
- Former captain Phil Neville, who had it for the eight seasons he was with Everton.
- Wayne Rooney, in his first go-around with Everton also wore the 18, for three seasons.
- Paul Gascoigne, for the one year he was here
- David Weir, another distinguished former Evertonian
- Joe Parkinson wore it for the first five seasons of the Premier League era