Everton will see three of their first seven games of the 2017-18 Premier League season moved to accomodate for live television.
Everton will start the season at home on Saturday against Stoke City, but their second game away at Manchester City has been moved to the 21st for Monday Night Football, most likely because the Blues could be playing in the Europa League playoff round first leg on the Thursday before that.
For now Everton still go away to champions Chelsea on Sat 26th, two days after the second leg of the playoff round game, but that is certainly going to be changed.
The Toffees’ fifth game of the season, away at Manchester United, has also been pushed back to Sunday. This could be even more interesting if Romelu Lukaku does end up transferring to United, as is looking likely now. If Everton make the group stages of the Europa, this will be the beginning of the Thursday-Sunday routine fans will have to get used to.
Finally, the home game against Burnley on Matchday 7 is also moved to a Sunday, to be televised on Sky.
- Sun Aug 13 - Premier League Matchday 1: vs Stoke City (H)
- Thu Aug 17 - Europa League Playoff round (1st leg) (TBD)
- Mon Aug 21 - Premier League Matchday 2: vs Manchester City (A)
- Thu Aug 24 - Europa League Playoff round (2nd leg) (TBD)
- Sat Aug 26 - Premier League Matchday 3: vs Chelsea (A)*
- Thu Aug 31 - Summer transfer window closes
- Sat Sep 9 - Premier League Matchday 4: vs Tottenham Hotspur (H)
- Thu Sep 14 - Europa League Group Stage Matchday 1 (TBD)
- Sun Sep 17 - Premier League Matchday 5: vs Manchester United (A)
- Wed Sep 20 - Carabao Cup 3rd round (TBD)
- Sat Sep 23 - Premier League Matchday 6: vs AFC Bournemouth (H)
- Sun Oct 1 - Premier League Matchday 7: vs Burnley (H)