Everton will be traveling to some tropical climes this summer, including becoming the first Premier League team to ever play in East Africa. The Toffees will play the winners of a two-nation, eight-team tournament pitting the top four sides in Kenya and Tanzania against each other.
The game will be played at Tanzania’s National Main Stadium on Thursday, 13th July. SportPesa, who recently became the new shirt sponsors for the Blues are organizing the fixture and tour.
With this stop on the calendar now confirmed, here is what the pre-season schedule looks like for Everton.
- July 1 - Summer transfer window opens
- July 3 - Players return to training
- July 13 - Friendly in Tanzania
- July 19 - Friendly against FC Twente (in Holland)
- July 27 - First leg of Europa League qualifier
- August 3 - Second leg of Europa League qualifier
- August 6 - Friendly against Sevilla (at Goodison)
- August 13 - First Premier League game of the season