Plans for the summer for Everton are slowly starting to take shape, with the club announcing yesterday that La Liga side Sevilla would be opponents for the last friendly game of the upcoming pre-season schedule.
The Spanish side will be the visitors at Goodison Park on August 6th, a week before the first weekend of the new Premier League season. The Toffees will play their Europa League Third Qualifying Round games before that, with the first leg on July 27th and the return leg on August 3rd.
The Blues will also visit Holland instead of Austria for their annual summer camp, with a tentative friendly planned for July 19th against FC Twente. In addition, a game in Tanzania was in the works, to be setup by new shirt sponsors SportPesa, but there has been no confirmation of that fixture either.
Sevilla finished the Spanish season in fourth place and will play in the Champions League next season. They have won the Europa League (and formerly the UEFA Cup) a total of five times, including thrice in a row between 2014-16.
Here’s what Everton’s summer is looking like so far -
- July 1 - Summer transfer window opens
- July 3 - Players return to training
- ??? - Trip to Tanzania
- ??? - Trip to Holland
- July 19 - Friendly against FC Twente
- July 27 - First leg of Europa League qualifier
- August 3 - Second leg of Europa League qualifier
- August 6 - Friendly against Sevilla
- August 13 - First Premier League game of the season