Everton host Watford at Goodison Park on Friday looking to end their home season with a victory.
With Europa League football already secured Ronald Koeman’s men have been limping to the finish line, going three games without a win.
The clash against the Hornets offers ample opportunity to rectify that though with Walter Mazzarri’s team also having nothing but pride left to play for.
- Everton have only faced Watford three times at Goodison Park in the Premier League era. Luckily their unbeaten in those games.
- The goal tally is in their favour as well, with them scoring eight and conceding five in those three games.
- In fact, the Blues have never lost to Watford at home in all competitions. Their record stands at eight wins and one draw so far.
- If Everton do win this game it will be their 13th victory at home this season, the same they managed in the previous two campaigns combined.
- The two managers have only met each other once and that was earlier this season. Mazzarri was the winner that time around as Watford won 3-2.
- Heurelho Gomes has faced Everton 12 times in his career but only managed three wins. Only Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United have put more past him.
- Ashley Williams will be hoping to continue his strong record against Watford, having beaten them four times in nine appearances.
- In contrast, Younes Kaboul will want to keep up his good form against Everton. He has five wins in nine against the Blues.
- If he plays, Morgan Schneiderlin will be aiming to continue a perfect record against the Hornets. He’s played against them four times in all competitions and won all four of them.
- Finally, Romelu Lukaku could be featuring in his final home game at Goodison Park should he leave this summer. He’ll be desperate for a goal, it would take him level with Alex Young in the all-time scoring charts.