Everton return to the comfortable confines of Goodison Park on Sunday after tough and largely fruitless trips to Anfield and Old Trafford in the last week. It’s proved to be a frustrating period for the Blues, who managed to pick up just one point from the pair of teams above them in the table.
This weekend sees them taking on the reigning champions looking to return to winning ways and maintain their late push for a European place. They have an excellent chance of doing so, with Craig Shakespeare and his men surely keeping one eye on their Champions League game coming up midweek.
- The Blues have won just two of those meetings, drawing seven and losing one. That’s a win percentage of just 20%.
- Of all the teams that Everton have faced ten times or more at Goodison Park in the Premier League, that’s the lowest win percentage alongside Tottenham Hotspur.
- In fact, Everton’s last win against the Foxes at home came all the way back in 2003 with a goal from Tomasz Radzinski sealing a 3-2 win.
- In those ten games, the Blues have managed to score 16 goals against the Foxes but conceded 15. Tight.
- Everton haven't done the league double over the Foxes since 1986/87.
- Phil Jagielka has faced Leicester City seven times in his career and beaten them just once, drawing three and losing three.
- Robert Huth, who was once linked with a move to Everton, has faced the Blues 17 times and won five of them.
- Gareth Barry has come up against the Foxes on 14 separate occasions, winning four, drawing six and losing four. He’s managed one goal in those games.
- Jamie Vardy has two goals in three games against Everton in his career so far, making him the obvious dangerman.
- Romelu Lukaku has three goals in six games against the Foxes in his career but has only managed one win against them.