Everton travel to White Hart Lane on Sunday looking to extend their unbeaten run in the Premier League for another week
They face a difficult task to do so in London, with Mauricio Pochettino’s side currently second in the table and pushing hard to ensure they secure Champions League football again next season.
Here at Royal Blue Mersey we know you love a statistic so we’ve compiled ten key figures ahead of this weekend’s game.
- Everton have faced Tottenham Hotspur away 24 times in the Premier League era. Their record is not good; they’ve managed three wins, seven draws and 14 losses. That’s a win percentage of 12.5%.
- Their 14 defeats at White Hart Lane is their second worst at any away ground, behind Arsenal and Manchester United (18). Everton’s last win there was back in 2008, courtesy of a Vedran Corluka own goal.
- In those 24 away games at Spurs, the Blues have conceded a whopping 44 goals and managed to score just 27.
- Mauricio Pochettino has faced Everton on eight occasions in his career, picking up three wins, four draws and one defeat.
- Ronald Koeman, meanwhile, has not fared so well against Tottenham in his career. He has managed one win, two draws and two defeats.
- Hugo Lloris will be hoping to continue his excellent record against Everton. He’s conceded only seven goals in nine Premier League games against the Blues.
- Ashley Williams must be dreading coming up against Spurs. He’s faced them ten times in the Premier League and never managed a win. He’s lost eight and drawn two.
- Ross Barkley has also had a tough time against Tottenham. He’s come up against them nine times in the Premier League and is yet to taste success. He’s only managed one goal against them in that time also.
- Harry Kane hasn’t had a good time of it against Everton so far. In five games against the Blues, he’s managed just one goal. Of teams he’s faced five times or more, that’s his joint worst record alongside Newcastle.
- Tottenham Hotspur are the only current Premier League team that Romelu Lukaku has never scored a goal against.