Everton take on West Bromwich Albion this weekend looking to bounce back from the disappointing defeat to Tottenham Hotspur last Sunday.
The loss to Mauricio Pochettino’s team was the Blues’ first of 2017 and they will be keen to prove it was just a blip on a so-far positive second half of the campaign.
The Baggies are the perfect team to do that against, with them sat just four points behind the Toffees in the table. Here are ten key stats ahead of the game:
- Everton have faced West Brom at home ten times in the Premier League. Their record stands at five wins, three draws and two defeats.
- They haven’t managed to beat Tony Pulis’ side in their last three visits though, with last season seeing the away team pick up a 1-0 win despite the Blues having a whopping 33 shots on goal.
- In those ten home games against the Baggies at Goodison Park, Everton have managed 12 goals while conceding eight. They are without a goal in their last three home games against them, though.
- Tony Pulis has faced Everton 15 times in his career, his record stands at four wins, five draws and six defeats.
- Conversely, Ronald Koeman has faced West Brom on just five occasions so far, winning two, drawing two and losing one.
- Romelu Lukaku, who was on loan with the Baggies before joining Everton, has three goals and two assists against his former club since joining the Blues.
- If Lukaku does score he will better his league tally from last season with 11 games of the season still remaining.
- Another Belgian, Kevin Mirallas, also loves playing this weekend’s opponents. He’s got three goals in seven games against them so far.
- Everton will be up against a familiar foe in midfielder Darren Fletcher. He's faced the Toffees 17 times in the Premier League. Aston Villa are the only team he’s come up against more often.
- Ben Foster won’t be relishing playing against the Toffees. He’s faced them 13 times in the Premier League and managed just two wins in that time, conceding 15 goals to boot.