The qualification schedule for the African Cup of Nations 2017 tournament concluded this last weekend with a couple of Everton players in action. New signings Idrissa Gueye and Yannick Bolassie both participated in wins that saw their respective nations qualify for the tournament to be held in Gabon between January and February next year.
Senegal swept all before them as they ended up with six wins in six games with Gueye in the squad. Oumar Niasse is also a Senegal international but is unlikely to make the tournament squad with no game time.
Bolasie and the Democratic Republic of Congo also made it into the competition with a win over the weekend, the winger picking up an assist in the only goal of the game.
Ivory Coast have also qualified for the tourney, but forward Arouna Kone is also not expected to travel unless he hits a rich vein of form between now and the winter break.
The tournament will be held between 14th January and 5th February 2017, and if the players would report to camp two weeks before the opener, Everton will be missing them at what could be a crucial time of the season.
- 31st December 2016 - Hull City vs Everton (Premier League)
- 2nd January 2017 - Everton vs Southampton (Premier League)
- 7-8th January 2017 - FA Cup Third Round
- 10-11th January 2017 - EFL Cup Semi Final First Leg
- Sat 14th January 2017 - Everton vs Manchester City (Premier League)
- Sat 21st January 2017 - Crystal Palace vs Everton (Premier League)
- 24-25th January 2017 - EFL Cup Semi Final Second Leg
- 28-29th January 2017 - FA Cup Fourth Round
- Wed 1st February 2017 - Stoke City vs Everton (Premier League)
- Sat 4th February 2017 - Everton vs Bournemouth (Premier League)
- Sat 11th February 2017 - Middlesbrough vs Everton (Premier League)