Another day, another transfer rumour seemingly snuffed out.
This time it is Colombia striker Carlos Bacca, who last week was rumoured to be a striking alternative for Everton should a deal for Romelu Lukaku not work out.
Bacca scored 21 goals last season as Sevilla finished fifth in La Liga and won the Europa League. He then played for Colombia during their run to the World Cup quarter-finals, making him a player in-demand.
With Roberto Martinez spending nearly a month in Brazil working for the media, it is perhaps not surprise that a number of players from the tournament have seemingly caught his eye.
Reports suggest Sevilla are ready to let the 27-year-old leave for a fee in the region of £15million, a much lower fee than the £22million quoted for Lukaku.
However, speaking at a press conference introducing new signings Iago Aspas (stop giggling at the back) and Mariano Barbosa, Sevilla Sporting director Ramon Monchi said there had been no contact from Everton about Bacca.
Bacca went on to say that he doubts Everton would be able to sign the striker anyway because he does not have enough international caps in order to qualify for a work permit.
To qualify for a work permit a non-EU player needs to have played in 75% of a country's competitive internationals over the previous two years.
After a quick internet search It appears only four of Bacca's 11 caps have been competitive games, while Colombia have played 16 competitive games (i.e qualifying or major tournament matches) since the summer of 2012.
Club's can appeal a decision on the basis that a player is of the 'highest calibre', but it would still represent a risk given there is no guarantee of success and they could/should be spending the time looking for alternatives.
Like most of the rumours we have seen/read this summer, there is precious little to go on as the club are understandably and rightfully keeping quiet.
I can appreciate the frustrations among the support given the pressing need to strengthen the squad and the quashing of this latest rumour will only fan the flames of discontent.
However, after such a wonderful season last time out we need to afford Martinez our faith and patience. He has said on multiple occasions that deals will probably go right up to the deadline (like last year) and that will almost certainly be the case.
Even Arsene Wenger admitted at the weekend that sometimes the players you want are simply not available until later in the window. Players going on extended breaks during after the World Cup hasn't helped either.
I guess we just have to lay off Twitter for a bit and trust Roberto to get the job done. We can than celebrate/moan when the window shuts on September 1.