Everton new-boy Gareth Barry says manager Roberto Martinez and his style of football was key in his decision to move to Goodison.
The England midfielder completed a late deadline day loan to Everton on Monday evening after negotiations over the payment of his wages were finally thrashed out.
He brings much needed experience to the centre of Everton’s midfield and should be a calming influence alongside youngsters James McCarthy and Ross Barkley.
The former Aston Villa man’s City contract also expires at the end of the season, meaning there is an option to sign him permanently on a free transfer should the move go well.
Speaking to the media the day after signing on, Barry revealed that he was looking forward to working under new boss Roberto Martinez.
"The way I've seen his teams play over the years as soon as he got his first management job in English football he's always tried to play the right style of football.
"When I've played against his teams it's always been interesting to see what formations he's played.
"He's made it difficult for the teams playing against him and the way he had plans to fit me into the squad was very encouraging - the manager had a big part to play.
"I've enjoyed coming to Goodison Park and playing in great atmospheres.
"The fans here are fantastic and they always make it tough for opposing teams so it will be great to be playing on their side."
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- Marouane Fellaini thanks Everton fans after Manchester United move
- Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines - Replaceable vs. Irreplaceable
- Gareth Barry joins Everton on loan from Manchester City
- Victor Anichebe leaves Everton for West Brom
- Everton sign James McCarthy from Wigan
- Marouane Fellaini sold to Manchester United
- Everton signs Romelu Lukaku on loan from Chelsea
- Romelu Lukaku deal back on, Gareth Barry just arrived at Finch Farm
- In a span of 30 minutes, Everton slammed the transfer window on their own fingers
- Three hours left to go as Marouane Fellaini and Victor Anichebe look on their way out
- Everton In For Lukaku Or Ba
- Rumor: Victor Anichebe to West Brom deal back on
- Fernando denies transfer on Instagram, Sky Sports doubles down
- Francisco Junior Sent On Loan
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day: T-minus 6 hours updates