Amidst the new signings and late minute hullabaloo, there was the news that Everton have agreed to transfer Nigerian striker Victor Anichebe to West Brom.
We don't yet know any details on the fee but a number in the vicinity of £5m has been floating around for the last couple hours.
It's funny to think that Victor Anichebe is only 25-years-old considering that it feels like he's been with the club forever. Joining the youth team back in 2003, Anichebe spent three years in the academy before making his senior team debut in 2006.
Over the course of seven season with Everton Big Vic scored some memorable goals, struggled with a number of injuries, but always seemed like a player willing to work hard for the club. There's no doubt he'll be missed but such is the nature of modern football and it's hard to say if Anichebe had done enough to impress Roberto Martinez.
Whatever the case may be, we wish him the best at West Brom.
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- In a span of 30 minutes, Everton slammed the transfer window on their own fingers
- Three hours left to go as Marouane Fellaini and Victor Anichebe look on their way out
- Everton In For Lukaku Or Ba
- Rumor: Victor Anichebe to West Brom deal back on
- Fernando denies transfer on Instagram, Sky Sports doubles down