It appears that Roberto and Bill read my scathing post from an hour ago and decided to get their house in order. We've got 20 minutes left in the transfer window -- though deals don't have to be announced by 11pm local time -- but it appears things are going to get nuts.
First up, it appears that Romelu Lukaku is being steered away from West Brom and back towards Everton.
Romelu Lukaku has just signed at #EFC. Confirmation to follow.— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) September 2, 2013
Then there's this bit of news out of nowhere:
Gareth Barry at Finch Farm #EFC— Greg O'Keeffe (@GregOK) September 2, 2013
COME ON EVERTON. MAKE ME LOOK STUPID FOR MAKING THAT POST EARLIER! I'M FINE WITH THAT!!!
Hold on to your blue butts y'all.
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- In a span of 30 minutes, Everton slammed the transfer window on their own fingers
- Three hours left to go as Marouane Fellaini and Victor Anichebe look on their way out
- Everton In For Lukaku Or Ba
- Rumor: Victor Anichebe to West Brom deal back on
- Fernando denies transfer on Instagram, Sky Sports doubles down
- Francisco Junior Sent On Loan
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day: T-minus 6 hours updates
- Conor McAleny Returns To Everton
- Everton's pursuit of James McCarthy looks to be over for the moment
- Manchester United not giving up on Leighton Baines
- Everton working on a deal to sign FC Porto's Fernando
- Everton @ Cardiff City: 5 Thoughts
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day Open Thread
- Everton Bid Rejected for McCarthy
- CARDIFF CITY 0-0 EVERTON: MATCH REPORT