After reportedly rejecting a £3.5 million offer from West Bromwich Albion for Victor Anichebe yesterday, rumors are spreading that the 25-year-old striker may still be on the verge of a move.
So where are these rumors coming from? They mostly stem from reports that West Brom's Shane Long is on the verge of signing with Hull City, leaving the Baggies in need of a striker. We know they've been interested in Anichebe and could be willing to up their price out of late minute desperation.
Or this could all be nonsense.
Here's my recommendation on this rumor. Take it with a grain a salt and don't start panicking just yet.
BBC Sport's Chief Football Writer Phil McNulty has chimed in on this rumor:
"I've been told there is "a strong possibility" that Everton striker Victor Anichebe will join West Bromwich Albion in a deal worth around £5m. Everton will need to bring in a striker as a matter of urgency if he leaves."
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- Fernando denies transfer on Instagram, Sky Sports doubles down
- Francisco Junior Sent On Loan
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day: T-minus 6 hours updates
- Conor McAleny Returns To Everton
- Everton's pursuit of James McCarthy looks to be over for the moment
- Manchester United not giving up on Leighton Baines
- Everton working on a deal to sign FC Porto's Fernando
- Everton @ Cardiff City: 5 Thoughts
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day Open Thread
- Everton Bid Rejected for McCarthy
- CARDIFF CITY 0-0 EVERTON: MATCH REPORT
- Cardiff City v Everton: Live GameThread
- Friday Toffeelinks: Fellaini and Cardiff
- Everton at Cardiff City: Match Preview
- Everton at Cardiff City: Q&A with Mauve and Yellow Army