Just a quick update to let you know that once against it appears that we've been suckered by some combination of the media and nonsense on social media on transfer day.
FC Porto's Fernando, who'd been linked all days with a possible move to Everton as a replacement for Marouane Fellaini has taken to his Instagram account and tweeted a photo of him with Porto fans and the following message:
"All Portistas can count on me towards the tetra(fourth straight championship)".
So much for that then I guess.
Just another wonderful example of how ridiculous the transfer deadline day can be and how much bull**** gets stirred up. We have to post the rumors and reports here because it is news but it's a bit discouraging to work on trying to dig up information and only have it turn out to basically be nothing.
The possible deals for James McCarthy and Gareth Barry remain alive...at least until those two get on Instagram.
Fernando appears to be staying put, reports from Portugal saying a) Everton's offer wasn't enough for Porto and b) he didn't want to come.— Ian Doyle (@IanDoyleSport) September 2, 2013
Same ****, different day it appears.
This is starting to get fun though as Sky Sports News continues to act like this is a real story and not a pile of manure. Classic stuff really.
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- Everton's pursuit of James McCarthy looks to be over for the moment
- Manchester United not giving up on Leighton Baines
- Everton working on a deal to sign FC Porto's Fernando
- Everton @ Cardiff City: 5 Thoughts
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day Open Thread
- Everton Bid Rejected for McCarthy
- CARDIFF CITY 0-0 EVERTON: MATCH REPORT
- Cardiff City v Everton: Live GameThread
- Friday Toffeelinks: Fellaini and Cardiff
- Everton at Cardiff City: Match Preview
- Everton at Cardiff City: Q&A with Mauve and Yellow Army
- 5 Thoughts on the Stevenage game
- Thursday ToffeeLinks: Ugly Games Edition
- Everton Classics: The Greatest Escape
- Match Report: Everton 2 v 1 Stevenage (AET)