While it seems clear that Leighton Baines will not be leaving Everton before the close of the transfer window tonight, that isn't going to stop Manchester United from trying to pull off a last minute move.
Baines has two-years left on his contract and it seems more likely that he'll be on the move next summer assuming he doesn't want to agree to a new deal with the Toffees.
At this point in the window, with so little time left, selling your starting left back would be near suicidal for Roberto Martinez as there's basically no time left to replace Baines. Of course that assumes that Everton don't have anything else already lined up, though past dealings give me little confidence that they would be that organized.
We shall see.
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- Everton's pursuit of James McCarthy looks to be over for the moment
- Manchester United not giving up on Leighton Baines
- Everton working on a deal to sign FC Porto's Fernando
- Everton @ Cardiff City: 5 Thoughts
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day Open Thread
- Everton Bid Rejected for McCarthy
- CARDIFF CITY 0-0 EVERTON: MATCH REPORT
- Cardiff City v Everton: Live GameThread
- Friday Toffeelinks: Fellaini and Cardiff
- Everton at Cardiff City: Match Preview
- Everton at Cardiff City: Q&A with Mauve and Yellow Army
- 5 Thoughts on the Stevenage game
- Thursday ToffeeLinks: Ugly Games Edition
- Everton Classics: The Greatest Escape
- Match Report: Everton 2 v 1 Stevenage (AET)