It’s finally here, after a long summer the transfer deadline is upon us and in a refreshing change, Everton fans are excited about what the day may bring.
The rumours appear to point towards one permanent incoming, with one or two loans to bolster the squad. But as you know with this day, you can simply never predict what will happen.
The main hope, of course, is that there are no major outgoings similar to Mikel Arteta’s departure last year.
So, what do we know so far? Well....
- A bid is understood to have been made for FC Copenhagen winger Bryan Oviedo, believed to be in the region of £2million. That is the deal that is most likely to go through today.
- Rumours spread on Thursday regarding a move for Blackburn Rovers midfielder Stephen N’Zonzi, with some forums suggesting David Moyes has met the Frenchman for talks.
- Charlie Adam will NOT be signing for Everton, the Liverpool man is currently undergoing a medical at Stoke City.
- Michael Owen has tweeted, hinting that he will ‘be involved’ in transfer deadline day, Stoke and Everton are the two clubs heavily linked with him.
- Everton reportedly had a loan offer for Michael Essien rejected, the Chelsea midfielder is now being linked with Arsenal.
In terms of outgoings..
- Jonny Heitinga looks the only likely major departure. The Dutchman was linked with Fenerbahce earlier in the summer and is also rumoured to be interesting Spurs. Though any deal would rest on Moyes getting a direct replacement in.
- Ross Barkley and Velios have been linked with loan moves but they would depend on Moyes bringing in senior reinforcements in their positions.
A lot can change of course so if you do hear anything, or spot that world-class midfielder at Liverpool airport, then have your say below!
Are you sitting comfortably? Then we will begin..........