After a week of off-field courtroom drama Liverpool will probably be relieved to concentrate on on-field matters - until they see the table that is.
Everton go into this game above their local rivals, something that doesn´t happen very often I can assure you! Though In fact, if results go against the Toffees on Saturday they can join Liverpool in the relegation zone.
A shocking start to the season began to be repaired with a battling 2-0 away win over Birmingham, a game in which the side finally looked to be inching towards the performance levels of last season.
Liverpool meanwhile were crashing to a home defeat to Blackpool, a result which saw the fans call for Roy Hodgson to be sacked (a little harsh in my opinion!)
But the gloom has been lifted slightly at Anfield after NESV´s take-over of the club on Friday, wrestling control away from Tom Hicks and George Gillett.
The fact theytake over occured and so has wiped out much of Liverpool´s debt doesn´t surprise me - it is just Liverpool´s luck! As is the fact Fernando Torres has been declared fit while we have suffered a glut of untimely injuries.
Fellaini is out for six weeks after injuring an ankle while on international duty. Steven Pienaar remains sidelined with a hamstring problem while Phil Jagielka is also a major doubt after pulling out of England duty.
But injuries and form count for little in the white hot atmosphere of a derby. Expect plenty of passion, flying tackles and raw emotion as both sides look to put their troubles behind them.
Both sets of supporters will be up for it and determined to outsing one another. These are special games to watch and for me there is nothing better than beating Liverpool.
I´m too nervous to make a prediction (Liverpool have runined my weekends too often in the past!) so I will leave that to you guys below.
Will we compund Liverpool´s misery? If so what will the score be? Who will score? Who will be sent off?? Leave your comments below!
Doubtful: Saha (calf)
Injured: Anichebe (knee), Fellaini & Jagielka (both hamstring), Pienaar (groin), Rodwell (ankle), Saha (calf)
Doubtful: Agger (back), Aurelio (Achilles)
Injured: Kuyt (ankle)
Stats from the BBC
• The last 11 league derbies on Merseyside have produced 10 red cards. There have been more sendings off in this fixture (19) than in any other in the Premier League.
• Everton have failed to win any of their last seven Premier League encounters with Liverpool. They last won this fixture in September 2006.
• Fernando Torres has scored three goals in three league games against Everton.
• Despite their slow start to the new campaign the Toffees have not lost by more than one goal in a league-high 30 matches.
• Everton have picked up only six yellow cards this season, fewer than any other team.
• David Moyes's side have made fewer tackles than any other team in the top flight (115).
• Roy Hodgson has not won away from home in his last 21 Premier League matches as a coach with Liverpool and Fulham.
• This is their poorest start to a top-flight campaign since 1953/54 (based on three points for a win).
• They have managed only one win in their last nine league outings, and one of their last 12 away from home.