It appears that Roberto and Bill read my scathing post from an hour ago and decided to get their house in order. We've got 20 minutes left in the transfer window -- though deals don't have to be announced by 11pm local time -- but it appears things are going to get nuts.
Romelu Lukaku has just signed at #EFC. Confirmation to follow.— Kristof Terreur (@HLNinEngeland) September 2, 2013
Then there's this bit of news out of nowhere:
COME ON EVERTON. MAKE ME LOOK STUPID FOR MAKING THAT POST EARLIER! I'M FINE WITH THAT!!!
Hold on to your blue butts y'all.
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- In a span of 30 minutes, Everton slammed the transfer window on their own fingers
- Three hours left to go as Marouane Fellaini and Victor Anichebe look on their way out
- Everton In For Lukaku Or Ba
- Rumor: Victor Anichebe to West Brom deal back on
- Fernando denies transfer on Instagram, Sky Sports doubles down
- Francisco Junior Sent On Loan
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day: T-minus 6 hours updates
- Conor McAleny Returns To Everton
- Everton's pursuit of James McCarthy looks to be over for the moment
- Manchester United not giving up on Leighton Baines
- Everton working on a deal to sign FC Porto's Fernando
- Everton @ Cardiff City: 5 Thoughts
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day Open Thread
- Everton Bid Rejected for McCarthy
- CARDIFF CITY 0-0 EVERTON: MATCH REPORT