As we head into the homestretch several sources have confirmed that Everton has approached Chelsea about securing the services of one of their two real strikers on a season long loan deal. Both Demba Ba and Romelu Lukaku have been the subject of Everton inquires though there are rumors that Ba is set to go to a club with a spot in Europe.
Romelu Lukaku would be a fantastic signing for #EFC and there's every chance it could happen— Greg O'Keeffe (@GregOK) September 2, 2013
Even with Victor Anichebe's proposed move to West Brom in flux, Everton's approach to Chelsea does not appear to be conditional on the move. With three draws in three EPL matches, Everton needs as much attacking help as possible.
Both players have shown some excellent talent over the past two seasons. Though Ba appeared to cool off after his move to Chelsea last year, he is still an attacking threat and could do well in an Everton system emphasizing possession.
For Lukaku, he is still a youngster prone to growing pains, but his time at West Brom last year showed he has a knack for scoring goals we haven't seen since Jelavic went on summer holiday a year ago.
Keep your fingers crossed that this one has some rumors.
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- Rumor: Victor Anichebe to West Brom deal back on
- Fernando denies transfer on Instagram, Sky Sports doubles down
- Francisco Junior Sent On Loan
- Everton Transfer Deadline Day: T-minus 6 hours updates
- Conor McAleny Returns To Everton
- Everton's pursuit of James McCarthy looks to be over for the moment
- Manchester United not giving up on Leighton Baines
- Everton working on a deal to sign FC Porto's Fernando