It is the first big opponent of the season as Everton plays host to Chelsea at Goodison Park. Last year Chelsea was the first team to get a victory at Goodison, and this year the Toffees would like to prevent that. The big storyline for this one is going to be what Martinez decides to do with James McCarthy and Gareth Barry in this one. Both players should probably make their debut in place of the departed Marouane Fellaini and the ineffective Leon Osman.
As always join in below, we'll post lineups when we get them.
More from Royal Blue Mersey:
- Everton vs Chelsea: Match Preview
- Thursday Toffeelinks: Chelsea Awaits
- Everton vs Chelsea: Q&A with We Ain't Got No History
- 3 In and 2 Out In the Space of 15 Minutes
- International Blues: Two headed to Brazil, two headed home