David Moyes should have learned from Liverpool's defeat against the Latics. He didn't. He then did the same thing against Norwich City on Saturday and went from 3 points to zero in the space of 7 minutes. To clutch onto (and confront the referee about) an extra 20 seconds played was embarrassing. The club have discounted admission for the game and although there are tickets available still, these are few and far between. I just hope that the manager and team put in a performance worthy of the excellent support.
Victor Anichebe is the main doubt for us tomorrow night after missing the trip to East Anglia. The only other definite absentee is Tony Hibbert. Seamus Coleman came through his return from injury unscathed, and was excellent on Saturday.
Oldham cult hero Matt Smith could be unleashed from the off after being used as a sub against Portsmouth on Saturday. He could partner Chris Iwelumo, and if caretaker boss Tony Philliskirk gets his game plan right then these two could (be allowed to) cause real problems for us. Another player of note, and Oldham's "only player" is Jose Baxter, who returns to Goodison for the first time since declining the offer of a two year contract in the summer.
Our current form isn't the best, and it is no coincidence that a dip in form comes after the boss failed to commit to the club or even discuss it until the summer. Today he dismissed this theory as "rubbish." We haven't won in four games, including the Oldham game and meanwhile Oldham Athletic haven't LOST in the last four games and are now out of the relegation zone.
- Everton have won their last four games played on the 26th February, the most recent being against Sunderland two years ago (2-0).
- The last time Everton played an FA Cup game on this date it was also a fifth round replay - away to Crewe Alexandra which we won 2-1
- After his header on Saturday, Leon Osman needs one more goal for his 50th for the club.
- The last 0-0 between Everton and Oldham was in 1923.
- Everton have scored 9 goals in the FA Cup this season, each scored by a different player.
Personally, I'm going for us to win 4-1, Leon Osman scoring first and Leighton Baines scoring last. Put your predictions below.