Since the end of the season is near, I decided to start a Royal Blue Mersey Awards. Why you ask? Well, we need something to cheer us up (or make us more depressed depending on how you see it) after our mediocre finish. We had high expectations for the season, the players, the coach, and the management. Maybe an awards will help us ascertain what the club really needs and what is just extra baggage. Maybe your bored at work, and you want to see which idiot didn't choose ________ ______ (on fear of biasing the general public) for Player of the Year. I don't know, but I do know that I'll try to make this as fun and depressing as possible (yes, both).
Here are the basics about the awards:
1) This feature is going to be a daily occurrence and will probably last a week or two, or whenever I run out of ideas.
2) Voting will be open for 5 days from the day of posting.
3) It will start from the normal awards like "Player of the Year" to much more absurd things that I won't speak of now. Looks like you'll just have to wait and see.
4) There will almost always be an "other" column where you can fill out your "other" candidate info and reasoning (your damn right you'll need a reasoning) in the comments section.
5) The polls will be in no particular order. It just happens to be Player of the Year today because I am a very unimaginative person.
Without further ado. Let the voting begin,